Skip to main content

Bringing The Military Wasn't A Good Idea, Alfred Obeng Speaks

Former Managing Director for the Bulk Oil and Storage Transport (BOST) and Member of Parliament for Bibiani- Anhwiaso- Bekwai Constituency, Alfred Obeng has said that he had to step out of the Parliamentary chamber when fully armed Military men invaded the chamber to storm the Parliamentarians.

Reacting to this incident, Former Managing Director for the Bulk Oil and Storage Transport (BOST) and Member of Parliament for Bibiani- Anhwiaso- Bekwai Constituency said he in the company of some of his colleagues had to walk out of the Chamber because they never expected the Military in the chamber of Parliament.


According to him, bringing the Military to the floor of Parliament was not in a good taste because Parliament has its way of getting things done and that should have been followed through to the latter.

He continued " I only saw the Military people entering and wasn' t comfortable with them there and because they were holding guns anything could happen so I decided to walk out because my son is still young, he is still fifteen years and my life is precious. In as much as I want to serve the nation, I want to serve my constituents at this level, if the life is not there how do I serve them so I walk out but actually I don' t know who invited them" .Watch the Video below

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Made A Mistake Within Our Petition But We Will Correct It In The Court Room, Lawyer Amaliba states

Road Infrastructure Will Be Made Faster Than The Previous Year, Akuffo Addo States

Electoral commission to Break up From Work